Monday 14 January 2013

Falling Snow

I hate snow. Grumble.

But aside from that, I've had one of the best weekends I've had in a long while. It was much needed and thanks to brilliant company was very relaxing and generally lovely. On Sunday the boyfriend had a race in Sheffield, or rather, Rother Valley Country Park, so we decided to make the most of it and stay over in a hotel. On the Saturday, after stupid road diversions in Lincoln, we spent the day with friends in Meadowhall until 10pm when it closed. I bought quite a bit which you can refer to in my 'vlog' at the bottom of this post.

I brought a present for one of my friends who suffers from a chronic illness. I just wanted to make her happy, so I put together a little kit for her, for when it gets her down. It consisted of heart shaped hand warmers, which I stupidly didn't take a picture of but are basically this:

A mug which I tried the Sharpie DIY on, with a quote which was quite fitting after all she's been through. I then put some of her favourite sweets inside it :) Alongside this, I bought a little chest from the Lincoln Christmas Market which I filled with mini spoons that I got from an Ebay seller. For anyone who doesn't know the Spoon Theory go and have a read here. It's so helpful in explaining chronic illnesses to others, and will hopefully help you to see the joke :p


The next day I drove the boyfriend to his race. It was so cold that I opted to stay in the car and instead was distracted by taking photos of birds in trees because I have something of an obsession XD
And last but not least, here is my shopping haul video. I hope you like, and please leave feedback :)


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Just found your blog via your comment on Victoria'sVintage. I just love your little chest of mini spoons for your friend - as someone with a chronic illness myself, Spoon Theory is such a geniusly simple way of explaining day-to-day life - I often use it to explain to others. I also have eczema, though hasn't been as bad as yours for a long time. One thing I've noticed reading your blog is that you maybe don't wash your new clothes before you wear them - this has made a huge difference for me - you're basically washing out whichever chemicals they've used to finish off the garment. It can be a pain when you've bought a new pretty outfit to not be able to wear it immediately but it's worth the wait in the long run. I've also found I cannot shop in New Look - I reckon it must be whatever finishing product they use on their garments but I feel myself starting to itch within three minutes of being in there! I hope you find your own way to calm skin soon! Vohn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, it's much appreciated! I use the Spoon Theory also as people don't understand the 'invisible' side behind eczema, hence trying to raise awareness with my other blog, which I'm guessing you've seen? Thanks for your advice also, though I've never spotted a particular trend between new/ old clothing strangely. It tends to be if it's very fibrous that it affects me. I'm glad your eczema is no longer severe and I hope your other chronic illness is giving you respite :) x

    ReplyDelete